Monday, July 5, 2010

It Comes Down to Money-Doesn't it Always?


The government should give tax breaks to those who choose Not to have children. It really is much more logical. I mean, think about how much money we are saving the U.S. because we have chosen not to breed. Here are some numbers to consider:

*The U.S. government offers $1,000 for the child tax credit.

*It costs approximately $11,000 per year to raise a child in the United States.

*School districts in the United States spent an average of $9,138 per student in fiscal year 2006, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report released today.

So, if I don't have a baby, I am saving my government about $10,000 a year. Not to mention all the resources I am conserving by not adding another human to the already overpopulated planet. I am saving food for those that need it, conserving natural resources (less laundry, less gas, less water, etc.) and one less person to tap medicare, unemployment, food stamps, medicaid, etc. If I am saving the government so much money each year, shouldn't I get a cut?

No comments:

Post a Comment