Thursday, February 4, 2010

“But You’d Be Such a Good Mom.”


I have heard this a few times- “But You’d Be Such a Good Mom.”
No.
No I wouldn’t.
Here’s why: Because sometimes I think I would be a good mom. I know it sounds illogical, but hear me out. Anyone who has the audacity to think they’d be great at the most stupid, crazy-hard job in the world (as I do) is CLEARLY too self absorbed and naïve to be an affective parent.
I watch parents make choices and think to myself a variety of things (usually negative) such as, “That was so stupid! They just taught their child that screaming in the store gets the child a stick of gum. I would never do that.” Who am I to make these judgments? And what makes me think I would do any better?

Reasons not to have a kid: 1
Reason to have a kid:0

No comments:

Post a Comment